Saturday, February 16, 2013

NEW BEGINNINGS, NEW ADVENTURES

Hey All!!!
So, I've transitioned over into my new HR role and was thinking on how difficult change and taking chances can be - both when it comes to your everyday life and your writing life.

Change is scary. Hell, fear of change or of taking chances is often the reason a person decides to pull out on a work project, promotion, on selling a writing project, or anything else that could have a positive impact. This is especially difficult when that change carries a certain amount of risk with it. But what most individuals don't remember when in the midst of change is that even though it's difficult to go through the fire - to willingly submit yourself to the harsh realities of the world - the end result is so worth it.

I didn't go searching for this new role, it just fell into my lap. But it did take a leap of faith and persistence on my part to get it. I had four different interviews. And I was sure, more than sure, that I had completely bombed each of those meetings. There were more than a few times when I wanted to give up and stay where I was comfortable, to stop pursuing something that I knew would make me happy for fear of failure and of how it would change my life. Now that I'm here and can look back on my journey, I can't help but to feel extremely lucky that I didn't give up.

I'd like to believe that my writing journey will be the same. It's scary to work towards publication, to really strive for it in spite of the likelihood of failure. But I know that the rewards I'll get for all of my hard work will be more than worth it. I just have to get through and keep at it - and to not be afraid of the changes and transitions along the way.

Happy Writing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! I know you won't let it slow your writing down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb!!! It's been a great journey, and I'll keep on making time to pen some new stories.

      Delete