Monday, May 13, 2013

GOING WITH THE FLOW OF LIFE

Hey All!!!
So, last week was a real mess. I was all geared up to put the finishing touches on the first sixty pages of my manuscript for the Children's Brains Are Yummy publishing contest when disaster struck in the form of an nasty allergic reaction. If you've never had an allergic reaction before, let me tell you...don't. It was one of the most uncomfortable and icky experiences I've ever gone through and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (well, I think I wouldn't).

Basically, the days I set aside to finish up all of my hard work and coast towards that finish line were a complete wash. So, what did I did? Well, I had to go with the flow and work with it. I spent my weekend doing the work I'd hoped to complete during the week and will be looking over the final product tonight.

When it comes to writing and life you can't waste time crying over the small stuff. Sure, it's easy to get overwhelmed and to spend time sulking, just don't let too much time go by doing that. Typically, I'll give myself a few hours tops to do my, "Woe is me" thing before picking myself up, rolling up my sleeves, and getting back to it.

You have to go with the flow of life and never quite...and that's the good and honest truth!

2 comments:

  1. So very true. Good luck on your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer!!! I'm a complete control freak, so this was a difficult lesson to learn.

      Delete