Thursday, July 18, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: FOCUS BY ALYSSA ROSE IVY

Hey All!!!
I recently finished Focus, the second book in the Crescent Chronicles, by Alyssa Rose Ivy. Below is a blurb for the book:


**********
 
Freshman year of college is hard even when you're not tied to the future king of a supernatural society.

Allie dives into college head first with Hailey as her roommate and the city of New Orleans as her backyard. As things within The Society heat up, Allie realizes that whether she’s with Levi or not, she's in far too deep to turn back.
 
**********
 
 
I give this book 3.5 Stars.
 
I still love, love, LOVE this series. And this second installment didn't disappoint as far as giving me all of the let-my-brain-check-out hot romance that I enjoy.
 
In Focus, Allie has started her freshman year in college, with trusted friend Hailey as her roomie. She goes to class - though she does have a constant body guard sitting next to her in the form of Levi's besties and goons - and tries to party and have a good time. She also spends most of the book giving Levi hell for tricking her into a binding marriage of sorts.
 
But when Allie's life is once again put in danger by the other noble families - and with a internal threat exposed - she and Levi have to come together.
 
This book has it all - fun frat parties, the drama of starting college classes, fun nights out with the girls, and a hot guy who's being put through the ringer to earn love and trust.
 
My big issue with the book is that, like the first one, it's painfully short. The author could stand to expand on a lot of the situations and issues that present itself throughout the story. There's so many chapters where I felt the action was cut short, and I was left wanting so much more.
 
I will say that Allie holding her ground with Levi in this book was very much appreciated, and I still loved all of the main characters!
 
As said before with the first installment, I'd enjoy reading this book many times over!
 
Happy Reading and Writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment