Monday, March 2, 2015

EGMONT AUTHORS BLOG HOP: THE ETERNITY KEY BY BREE DESPAIN

Hello All!!!
Below we have a fun interview with the author of The Eternity Key, Bree Despain. The Eternity Key is scheduled to be released on May 12, 2015!

The Dark Divine (Low Resolution)


Book 2: The Eternity Key
Fan-favorite author Bree Despain continues her modern-day romance trilogy inspired by the Greek myth of Persephone and Hades with this second book in her Into the Dark series. 

Haden Lord, the disgraced Prince of the Underrealm, has chosen love over honor and will do everything in his power to protect Daphne Raines, the human girl he was supposed to bring to the Underrealm. Haden’s choice is put to the test as the Skylords and a figure from his past arrive in Olympus Hills with a plan that could destroy all of the realms.

Embracing her destiny as the Cypher, Daphne begins to understand the immense power of her musical ability to control the elements, but she must come to terms with her feelings for Haden and what she must sacrifice in order to protect him and her friends.

Believing the Key of Hades is the only thing that can stop the Underrealm Court from releasing the monstrous Keres on the mortal world, Haden, Daphne, and their friends set out to find the Key before Persephone’s Gate opens again on the spring equinox.


Nice!!! Author deets and a fun interview are below:



Bree Despain is the author of the Dark Divine trilogy and the upcoming Into The Dark trilogy.  Bree rediscovered her childhood love for creating stories when she took a semester off college to write and direct plays for at-risk, inner-city teens from Philadelphia and New York. She currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, two young sons, and her beloved TiVo.


1) What inspired your story, and how did you go about fleshing it out?

The inspiration for the story came from the Deathcab for Cutie song "I will follow you into the dark" combined for my intense love for Greek mythology. I started thinking about what it would like to be someone who had to convince someone else to follow him into the dark (or the unknown). I liked the idea of basing a character on Hades from Greek mythology who had the difficult task of convincing a mortal girl to return with him to the Underworld. From when I first got the idea to when I finished writing it, I spent about seven years developing the story.

2) I know every writer has a process. What is yours and are there any fun and quirky aspects to yours?

I am naturally a very slow writer (about 500 words a day) but since I usually have really tight deadlines, I've had to train myself to write much faster. I am big fan of speed writing now. What I do is set a timer for an hour and then try to write 1000 words before it goes off. It really helps me turn off my internal editor and push through difficult scenes. Sometimes I do two or three of these speed sessions a day, which means I can average 2000 to 3000 words--and I usually end up happier with what I've written quickly than I am with the sections I agonize over while writing slowly.

3) What is your favorite part about being a writer?

Two things: I love that get to make stuff up for MY JOB, and I love all the wonderful people I get to meet because of that job.

4) What do you do for fun when you're not writing?

I live next to a lake so I enjoy paddle boarding and kayaking, or going for long walks or leisurely bike rides. I also love watching TV shows and movies--and I love that I can count watching TV as "working" because it's research.
  
5) What inspires you daily?

Again, I love TV and movies. I love reading. I love learning new things. I love music. I love consuming stories in as many forms as possible. The more I surround myself with stories made by other people, the more I want to create my own.

Sounds like a fun read from an amazing author!

Happy reading and writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment