Tuesday, January 6, 2015

SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Hey All!!!
Yesterday I was getting my meals together for today and my husband and I got to talking about goals. See, I've been trying to lose the same 30 pounds for years now and seem to continually get distracted by one thing or another. It's been a tough battle, but the one constant question Brandon asks me when I'm "starting again" is what I want.

It seems like a simple question, right? Unfortunately, the simple questions are often the ones that throw us for the biggest loops. And I've found that simple question plaguing me in so much more than my weight loss journey, but with my writing as well.

What do I want?

So I had to sit down and really start thinking about my short-term and long-term goals, and be more specific than I've ever been. And while it hasn't been easy, I'm feeling more happy and focused than ever these days. I even wrote a whole chapter last night!

I've been thinking of vision boarding boarding lately and focusing on what success means to me. Maybe it's not the number on the scale, but obtaining a certain body look? Or maybe it's not about being the next J.K., but writing more diverse books and finding my audience.

I don't have all the answers, but I do feel like I'm on the right track!

Happy reading and writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment